1. ATTENTION returning members. If you are coming here from the old forum for the first time, you will need to reset you password. However, we had an email problem getting password reset links set out to a lot of the email addresses. That problem is temporarily rectified but IF you still have an issue, email me direct at info@thebuildingcodeforum.com and I will give you a temporary password.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

3 Story apartment building, Table R402..1.2 or C402.1.3 ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Energy Codes' started by khsmith55, Apr 8, 2019.

  1. khsmith55

    khsmith55 Bronze Member

    Oct 23, 2010
    Likes Received:
    2015 IECC, Zone 6, 3 Story apartment building with a slab on grade and "frost" walls. Confused as to which Table to use, R402.1.2 or C402.1.3 for R occupancy. Need direction on exterior walls and un-heated slab on grade. For exterior walls R402.1.2 calls for R20+5 where C402.1.3 calls for R20+3.8, which one should I use. For un-heated slab on grade R402.1.2 calls for R10, 4' (is this vertical for 4' ?) and C402.1.3 calls for R-15 for 24" below (again, is the "24" below" for vertical insulation ?). The building is NOT really A mixed-use building but all apartments with a "small" accessory Community Room (B Occupancy).

    Thanks in advance
  2. RLGA

    RLGA Sawhorse

    Oct 18, 2009
    Likes Received:
    Read the definition of a residential building in Chapter 2--that should give you your answer. If your building meet conforms to that definition (and I'm sure it does), then you comply with Chapter 4 {RE}.

Share This Page